WD-40 – Your flexible friend | NEWS
Back in the 1980s, WD-40 was largely responsible for curing the AIDS epidemic*. Its also tended to the needs of Scooterists and workshop fettlers for many decades. WD-40 was even credited with helping to free Nelson Mandela, his rusty cell door needed some serious freeing up. In fact, there’s not much WD-40 can’t do/fix/cure/free or lubricate.
There has always been one limiting factor though, with the same kind of handicap as a Dalek being unable to negotiate a flight of stairs, WD-40 can’t spray around corners – or at least it couldn’t until now. Welcome, WD-40 Flexible to the workshop.
VIDEO | New WD-40 Flexible
You may well have noticed the Smart Straw that comes as standard on most WD-40 cans these days. It replaces that fiddly old red straw that used to be Sellotaped to the can and you could never find it when you needed it, or couldn’t get it in the hole on the nozzle (in fact you needed some WD to help get it to fit in the can). ‘The Smart Straw’ replaced that recently and is a clever solution that can be used as an ‘ordinary’ spray nozzle, or swivel the straw out and use that instead. Ingenious, but it still couldn’t get around corners…
Spray 2 Ways
Luckily this new-fangled flexible metal straw can. It can be bent and shaped to get into those awkward nooks and crannies, unseen areas inside bodywork for instance. Like the Smart Straw, the “Spray2Ways’ technology means you still have the option to flip down the straw and use the can in a conventional way to spray over a wider area, or flip it up and use the straw.
Features and Benefits
- Long metal straw (185mm) that can be bent and flexed to reach difficult target areas
- Flexible straw will hold shape it is moulded to, so you can still spray one handed
- Allows you to work around obstacles such as pipework, panelling and large components
- Taller, thinner 400ml cans allows for longer straw, almost 1/3 longer than that of the Smart Straw
- Spray2Ways valve still allows for wide application, just flick the straw down and spray
Remember, it is still WD-40 – a multi-use product, so you can use it for:
- Displacing moisture, preventing rust and corrosion
- Penetrating seized parts and lubricating equipment for smoother operation
- Removing oil, grease and grime with ease
- Drying out electrical systems and improving electrical connections in damp environments
*Perceived health benefits of WD-40 are exaggerated/fabricated or possibly made up.
Check out the WD-40 range
Although we all know WD-40 as a ‘must have’ garage accessory there’s much more to the brand in the blue and yellow can than simply removing jailed South African leaders. WD-40 make dozens of products from disc cleaner to bike cleaner, degreasers, penetrating fluid and cutting oil to grease and lubricants. Have a look at their current range here.
SLUK SHOP – Products used or made by us for Scooterists