SIP reinvent the scooter cable | COMPETITION
We’ve just been sent a set of these new SIP cables to try out and 3 SLUK readers can try a set out for FREE as well. Classic scooter riders are fairly unique and rely on the smooth operation, longevity and precision a decent set of cables provide to ensure a smooth, fuss-free ride.
By their very nature scooter control cables are long and awkwardly routed through tight spaces and into the bowels of a metal frame, tight angles and neglected or bad adjustment and setting up can turn a scooter ride into a frustrating fight with the controls.
Reinventing the cables
SIP have redesigned the humble scooter cable from scratch to develop their Performance Control Cables. Using a fresh modern state-of-the-art design. SIP carried out extensive research to establish what was possible within the constraints of current vehicle technology. They wanted to introduce “A new level of operational control, riding dynamics and handling to any vintage scooter type.” They’re suitable for Vespa, vintage Vespa and Lambrettas.
The end result exceeded even SIP’s expectations, they claim the cables improve the feel and performance of drum brakes considerably, that the gears are more precise with shorter travel, the clutch is easier to operate and that the throttle glides along much easier than with standard cables, especially whilst closing the throttle. We’ll be using a set or two this summer and will review them later this year.
The cables are made to the exact lengths we need, the gear cables are marked 1 & 2 for front and rear. Clutch, gear and brake cables are made from 19 strands of stainless steel wire. Gear cables are pre-stretched, and clutch and brake cables are pre-lubricated ready for use. The outer cables also carry the SIP Scootershop wording.
Specifications and features
- Especially stable, torsion-free cable-outers
- High-end, race-proven quality
- Exact lengths for specific scooter models
- No further modification or adjustment necessary, plug & play!
- Gearbox control cables individually marked (1-1,2-2) at both ends
- Rust-free stainless steel cable inner
- Welded cable-inner ends
- All outer cables lined with a PE material
- 7 x 7 single-strands for the throttle cable-inners, extremely flexible even when sharply bent
- 19 single-strands for the clutch, brake and gear control cable-inners for increased durability
- Gear control cables are pre-stretched to ensure precise operation with a rounded profile
- Clutch and both brake cables are pre-lubricated
3 sets of SIP Performance Cables to be won
How to enter
SIP have kindly given us three complete cable sets to offer as prizes in this SLUK competition. To enter simply visit the SIP website, register (or login if you’re already registered) and let us know how many users are online on the home page (the image above gives a clue as to where to look).
When you’ve got the answer just email it to ‘SIP comp’ at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org also let us know which scooter you’d like a set of cables for if you win, (make, model and year). We’ll choose three winners at random on Wednesday 7th March at 6 pm.
Visit the SLUK Shop for your scooter essentials