SIP multi-function digital speedo for the Vespa GTS | NEWS
The Vespa GTS is lagging behind many other scooters when it comes to instruments, the dash is fairly basic with less functions than the original 2005 GTS models. German scooter giants, SIP have come to the rescue though with this feature packed replacement speedo.
The speedo is a direct replacement for the original Piaggio item and comes with a simple to connect (no soldering) wiring loom adaptor so fitting is easy. It has a large analogue display that can be swapped for your current speed (up to 160 mph, so it should just about manage most GTS top speeds) to RPM if you prefer. The speed can be measured using the GTS original speed sensor or by using a SIP digital system, which will give a much more accurate measurement (available separately).
The all-important digital display is located at the bottom and can be scrolled through using the ‘mode’ button on the handlebars (no extra button to install). Functions include trip/odometer, engine and ambient temp and many more features (see list below).
The colour of the backlight can also be changed to eight different colours and the backlight can be adjusted. On start up the speedo performs a diagnostic check.
- Analogue speed : 0-160 mph/kph
- Digital speed : 0-260 kph
- Analogue revs : 0-16000 rpm
- Digital revs : 0-16000 rpm
- Total mileage : 0000-999999 miles/km
- Trip distance A & B : up to 9999.9mph/kph
- Trip time A & B up to 99.59 h
- Battery charge level (incl. under voltage warning)
- Programmable total mileage (allows synchronisation with original vehicle mileage)
- Average speed between A & B up to 160 mph/160 kph
- Five different illumination levels for back light
- Choice of eight back light colours available
- Digital fuel level warning (indicated through flashing fuel display & fuel light)
- Digital Clock (12h/24h)
- Thermometer over-temperature warning (warning, the whole bar including the temperature symbol will flash.)
- Temperature measurement for cylinder head/spark plug up to 250°C/32° – 482°F, an separate sensor for the spark plug temperature is also included in the kit
- Data storage facility for top speeds, maximum rpm and temperatures
- Trip and acceleration measurement
- The trip measurement can be made for a distance between 0-1000 metres
- The acceleration measurement can be made over a freely chosen speed range
The speedo costs £240.68 and can be ordered from: SIP Speedo or your local SIP dealer.
SIP speedo gallery
New products always in development…