We made completely new tooling and redesigned the screen to simplify and improve fitment. Now there are no ugly brackets. Instead, the screen clamps around the headlight rim using a special Hi-Torque* stainless steel band fastener.
The original Biemme screens were made from 2mm plastic. Ours are made from 4mm acrylic-coated ABS material and come in a choice of high gloss black, white, silver or carbon effect and can be painted to match your scooter for that bespoke look.
Tested at over 90mph
See photos of Chris Mac’s KTMBretta 390. Chris has tested the screen for us at over 90mph. He says it “looks the bollocks”, is very steady at speed and good to crouch behind.
It’s hardly an IKEA sideboard but there is a minor bit of home assembly required, the clear ‘cockpit’ and laser-cut stainless trim needs attaching to the main part of the screen using the 7 stainless steel bolts and nylock nuts (supplied). The metal piece sits on top of the top part of the screen.
Fitting is simple thanks to the Hi Torque fastener which slides over the inner lip of the screen. Not only is it quick and easy to fit but it also means taking it off is simple when you need to get into the headset to change a cable or bulb.
Depending on your headlight screws, you may need to replace them with the thinner profile stainless button-head screws we supply with the screen. They allow the screen to slide over your headlight rim without forcing it.
Before fitting simply wrap a length of decent quality electrical tape (Gaffa tape, or 3M tape gives good adhesion and is thick enough to allow the Hi-Torque fitting to grip firmly) around your headlight rim and any painted areas that the screen touches. The tape serves to protect the paintwork and also to give the gloss screen a good surface to grip on to. Simply slide the screen over the headlight rim and tighten the clip, either using a screwdriver or socket.
The design has been trimmed for a better fit around the legshields. However, if your scooter has an embellisher, thicker legshield rubber or master cylinder fitted, you may just need to trim the screen slightly at home to clear it.
If you want to make fitting more secure you can drill holes through the jubilee clip so that the original headlight screws can be used to secure the screen.
- Designed and made in the UK.
- Exclusive SLUK product
- Simple to fit: pushes over the headlight rim and secures to the headset using the Hi-Torque clip.
- Quick to remove: for ease of changing cables and bulbs.
- Made from tough ABS plastic (as used for most motorcycle fairings) it can be easily trimmed, sanded or painted.
- Produced in racy high-gloss finish (white/black/silver/carbon effect)
- Fully packaged and ready to fit after simple assembly.
- Shipped direct from the manufacturer.
- Made to order but usually shipped within 3 days.
- UK postage £6.95, World £15
These items are made to order but delivery is usually within 5-7 days in the UK.
Video: SLUK XL5
* Hi-Torque fasteners can be tightened to 15Nm (approximately 3 times tighter than a traditional hose clip) however over-tightening risks damage to the screen. We reccomend you periodically tighten the band to ensure the screen remains firmly fixed.
* We recommend that a single layer of electrical tape is applied to the headset before fitting the screen if you do not want the paint to become marked during use.