What is it?
It’s an easy to fit, sleek rear mudguard, perfect for that Lambretta cutdown or custom project.
The shape of the mudguard gives it additional strength, it also wraps around the Lambretta frame tube and has a moulded-in shape for the rear shock.
Made from high-quality ABS it’s strong enough to cope with the vibrations of a Lammy and we’ve reinforced it underneath using a stainless steel support fixed by countersunk stainless screws, secured by Nyloc nuts.
It’s a tidy job designed to work perfectly with the 10″ Lambretta rear wheel. It’s built to look good and fit properly.
- It fits any Lambretta S1-S3.
- Fits quickly and can be easily removed.
- High gloss finish in various colours – matt black also available!
- Made from tough ABS plastic (as used for most motorcycle fairings)
- Can be trimmed, modified or painted.
- Produced in a choice of textured black, gloss black, matt black, silver, white or carbon effect finish
- Designed and made in the UK
- Exclusive SLUK product
- Shipped direct from the manufacturer
- Made to order but usually shipped within 5-7 days.
- UK postage £6.95, World £15-£18
Before fitting clean the frame tube well using an alcohol wipe (or similar)
The mudguard comes pre-fitted with strips of 3M Double-sided tape
Position the mudguard over your frame tube and check the alignment – you can make a pen mark on the frame now if you like to show the correct position
Remove the green backing from the tape and stick the mudguard into place – make sure you have good clearance for the rear wheel
The mudguard comes with 2 tie wraps and has pre-drilled holes for them – Place the tie wraps through the holes and around the frame, pull them tight and trim the excess – job done in 2 minutes with no need to remove anything other than the old mudguard if you had one fitted
You can fix the mudguard directly to the frame using the two holes used for the stainless support. Either drill and tap the frame, or use two 6mm nutserts to provide a fixing point. If you want to go for this option let us know when you order and we’ll send the mudguard out without holes for the tie wraps.
When fitting parts near to wheels always make sure there is plenty of clearance for suspension movement, ask an overweight friend/wife to bounce up and down on the suspension whilst sat on the scooter. Different tyres/suspension/rider weights/luggage can make a wheel run closer to the frame – check it out by riding locally before setting off on a long journey.