The original Biemme screens were made from 2mm plastic. Ours are made from 4mm acrylic-coated ABS material and come in a choice of high gloss black, white, silver or carbon effect and can be painted to match your scooter for that bespoke look.
Does it do anything?
It improves aerodynamics, speed and riding comfort simply by deflecting some of the wind that would normally hit you in the chest. You should expect 1 or 2 mph improvement in top speed as a result. This is cheap and effective tuning. Also the screen provides a place behind which you may hide additional instruments or a GPS unit without spoiling the look of your scooter.
It’s hardly an IKEA sideboard but there is a minor bit of home assembly required, the clear ‘cockpit’ and laser-cut stainless trim (peel off the backing paper if you want a polished finish to your trim, or use the other way up for a matt finish) needs attaching to the main part of the screen using the supplied 7 stainless steel bolts and Nyloc nuts. The metal trim sits uppermost.
Assembly video: Build the Bullet (although there’s no band on this version)
Before fitting simply wrap a length of quality electrical tape around your headlight rim and any painted areas that the screen touches. The tape serves to protect the paintwork.
The screen has been trimmed for clearance to the legshields but it can be trimmed further at home if needed to clear any accessories you have. You can trim the ABS with a Dremel or a hand file.
Fitting is simple, remove the 2 screws at the side of your chrome headlight bezel, then the screen simply slides over it and the screws are put back to hold it in place. Not only is it quick and easy to fit but it also means taking it off is simple when you need to get into the headset to change a bulb.
- Designed and made in the UK.
- Exclusive SLUK product
- Simple to fit
- Quick to remove: for ease of changing bulbs.
- Made from tough ABS plastic (as used for most motorcycle fairings) it can be easily trimmed, sanded or painted.
- Produced in racy high-gloss finish (white/black/silver/carbon effect)
- Fully packaged and ready to fit after simple assembly.
- Shipped direct from the manufacturer.
- Made to order but usually shipped within 3 days.
- UK postage £6.95, World £15
- Carbon effect is an extra £5
These items are made to order but delivery is usually within 5-7 days in the UK.
* SLUK uses 95% recyclable material when packing our products *