The original 1960s Biemme screens were made from 2mm plastic. Ours are made from 4mm acrylic-coated ABS material and come in a choice of high gloss black, matt black, white, silver or carbon effect and can be painted to match your scooter for that bespoke look.
Does it do anything?
Aside from improving your coolness, it improves aerodynamics, speed and riding comfort simply by deflecting some of the wind that would normally hit you in the chest. You should expect 1 or 2 mph improvement in top speed as a result. This is cheap and effective tuning. Also the screen provides a place behind which you may hide additional instruments or a GPS unit without spoiling the look of your scooter.
It’s hardly an IKEA sideboard but there is a minor bit of home assembly required, the clear ‘cockpit’ and laser-cut stainless trim (peel off the backing paper if you want a polished finish to your trim, or use the other way up for a matt finish) needs attaching to the main part of the screen using the supplied 7 stainless steel bolts and Nyloc nuts. The metal trim sits uppermost.
Assembly video: Build the Bullet
The screen has been trimmed for clearance to the legshields but it can be trimmed further at home if needed to clear any extra accessories you have. You can trim the ABS with a Dremel or a hand file.
Wrap and fit it
Before fitting simply wrap a length of decent quality electrical tape (Gaffa tape, or 3M tape gives good adhesion and is thick enough to allow the Hi-Torque fitting to grip firmly) around your headlight rim and any painted areas that the screen touches. The tape serves to protect the paintwork and also to give the gloss screen a good surface to grip on to.
Fitting is simple thanks to the Hi-Torque fastener which slides over the inner lip of the screen, simply tighten it using a socket or screwdriver. Not only is it quick and easy to fit but it also means taking it off is simple when you need to get into the headset to change a cable or bulb.
Fitting video: See how quick they are to fit here
We advise you to periodically check the tightness of your screen
- Designed and made in the UK.
- Exclusive SLUK product
- Simple to fit
- Quick to remove: for ease of changing bulbs.
- Made from tough ABS plastic (as used for most motorcycle fairings) it can be easily trimmed, sanded or painted.
- Produced in racy high-gloss finish (white/black/silver/carbon effect & matt black)
- Fully packaged and ready to fit after simple assembly.
- Shipped direct from the manufacturer.
- Made to order but usually shipped within 3 days.
- UK postage £6.95
- Carbon effect is an extra £5
These items are made to order but delivery is usually within 5-7 days in the UK.
* SLUK uses 95% recyclable material when packing our products and our plastics are made from recycled materials in the UK *