Piaggio: From the Heavens to the Earth | Book by PAOLO ZANON
** All orders via SLUK will receive a copy signed by Paolo **
**January 2018 – last 40 copies of the book allocated for SLUK**
Passionate Italian Vespa fan and historian Paolo Zanon’s first volume of the Vespa story details Piaggio’s post-war switch from aircraft production to terrestrial vehicles.
This book is without doubt the most detailed, accurate and compelling story of the birth of the Vespa scooter.
What lends this book its authority is that almost all the information comes from personal letters between Dr Piaggio, Engineer Lanzara (the historical director of the plant), Carradino d’Ascanio and other factory engineers.
Using this correspondence as the basis of the book allows Zanon to tell previously secret stories about unfinished Vespa projects that were quietly shelved. Contemporary accounts allow him to also bust a few myths about the birth of the Vespa (wasp) scooter, the Ape (bee) delivery vehicle and the Moscone (fly) outboard engine.
- ISBN 9781234567897
- 250 pages
- Collectors item: limited to 700 copies only.
- Full of detailed facts and production figures
- Translated from Italian by Dean Orton of Rimini Lambretta Centre and proof-read by Sticky of SLUK
The author: Paolo Zanon
- Twenty years of dedicated study of the Vespa phenomenon
- A background in historical archive work
- This is the first translation of a series of Italian books that Paolo has written about Vespa and Piaggio.
- Enrico Piaggio – all about the man behind the Vespa
- The Challenge – the evolution of the Vespa concept
- Birth of the Ape – the first versions of the commercial 3-wheeler
- The Dealers – Who sold Vespa and how they promoted the brand
- The New 125 – The first Vespa with conventional rear suspension
- Copyrights & Trademarks – How Piaggio tried to protect their ideas
- The Vespa Sidecar – Both official Piaggio and 3rd party sidecar solutions
- The Sea Vespa – the story of the Moscone outboard boat engine
- Planned Projects – Unfulfilled ideas that never made it to production
- Vespa Around the World – how the humble scooter conquered the planet
This book is an outstanding work filled with information and original images that any true Vespa enthusiast will treasure. It’s not cheap but you really do get what you pay for.
Please note that the books are shipped directly from the publishers in Italy via secure courier.
EU = £24
Worldwide = £35
37 in stock
Lambretta Lui | by Vittorio Tessera£25.00 Add to basket
Scooter Lifestyle book | IGGY GRAINGERRated 5.00 out of 5£19.99 Add to basket
SLUK Clip bridge fitting kit for Lambretta S1 S2 & S3£11.99 Add to basket
Lambretta Concessionaires – The Complete Story 1951 to 1971 | by Stuart OwenRated 4.00 out of 5£15.99 Add to basket
Frankenstein Scooters to Dracula’s Castle | PAPERBACK£9.99 Add to basket