The PLC Polini Cup Vespa
PARTS AND PECULIARITIES
Christiaan still sponsors several racers, including Thomas who races in the Polini Cup series, and sprinter Marco Sangiorgio, who built this Vespa.
PLC RACER: PARTS AND PECULIARITIES
- Parmakit SP09 rotary kit
- Sangiorgi Racing exhaust
- MRT reedvalve
- 24mm carburettor for class regulations
- Sangiorgi crankshaft
- PLC clutch
- Second series Vespa Piaggio casing (stronger than PK).
- Benelli 4-speed competition gearbox
- Power: Approx 25hp
- 100-90×10 rear wheel
- Zip front wheel and fork
- PLC crash bungs for forks
- PLC Windshield – Santa Cruz skateboard logo
- Steel original legshield with welded tube edging to reinforce. PLC now produces fibreglass legshields too.
- Holes drilled in legshield to prevent aerodynamic instability at speeds over 130km/h.
- PLC belly pan scoop which also improves high speed stability.
- PLC handlebar tube conversion (T5 headset base) with greasing points.
- PLC handlebar end weights.
- Beringer front brake master cylinder, longer lever for better feel.
- Handlebar height can be adjusted.
- WP Steering damper conversion.
- PLC Seat unit – this is the model for bigger people.
- PLC rear body moulding. Wide fibreglass rear end version for Quattrini casings and wider exhausts.
- DXC sliders minimise chassis damage in the event of an accident.
- PLC CNC rear brake lever
- PLC front mudguard fibreglass (for PK and Zip forks)
- PLC brake cooler for Zip forks (also for Lambretta/VespaPK/PX)
- Shocks by Giorgio Manucci.