New version 2.0 SIP Vespa rims | NEWS
SIP have just released a new version of their popular tubeless Vespa wheel rims. The 2.0 comes with full approval for road use in Germany and Europe and have been designed with additional security built-in. They come in a choice of colours and finishes, including chrome (which is also TUV approved, a first for a chrome wheel).
Tubeless tyres deflate slower than a tubed tyre and won’t suffer from ‘pinched tube’ punctures, a common risk with tubed split rims. The new SIP 2.0 rims also come with a cut-out to allow fitment of an Abus lock, a welcome security measure. As we all know a 10″ scooter wheel is very tricky to use security devices on.
SIP have also had these approved by the German authorities for use on the road (ministry code KBA 51612), including the chrome version. The rims are compatible with all 10″ drum brakes and the later PX ’98 Grimeca Disc models.
Advantages of SIP 8106 2.0 tubeless rims
- Improved design to prevent the tyre slipping into the rim during a puncture
- Pre-mounted valve
- Precise machining
- Perfect finish
- Enlarged tyre mounting bed for easier tyre removal/fitting
- Hub mounting points marked with wheel identification code
- Available in red/white/silver/matt black/matt black with polished edge, polished aluminium/chrome
- Road legal – including chrome
- Suitable for all tubeless tyres from 3.00 to 3.50-10
Available now from SIP by clicking here, priced at £62.65
New products always in development…