Good news for Vespa fans, SIP have released their new SIP Performance Vespa ignition. It’s a complete ignition kit developed alongside major European manufacturer, VAPE. It includes a state of the art eight coil stator plate, which is fixed on to a laser cut backplate.
AC and DC versions are available and according to SIP it’s enough to fully illuminate the Vespa lights even at tick-over. If you’re running digital instruments (SIP speedo/sat nav etc.) then SIP recommend the DC type.
Stator key features
- Eight coils
- 110w of power available from tickover
- Enough power to run accessories (heated clothing/sat nav etc).
- Piggyback dual pick up to eliminate bad positioning during set up
- Exact ignition mark on stator and flywheel – no need for a timing light to set up
- Plug & play
- 12-finned flywheel
- CNC machined from solid aluminium
- Manufactured as one piece – no rivets
- Less vibration due to exceptional balancing – less load on bearing
- Fan design delivers exactly the same amount of cooling air as standard
- Large frame flywheel weighs 1600 gr, small frame weighs 1300 gr – improved throttle response
- 100% compatible with original flywheel removal tool
- Road version with static timing
- Sport version includes variable ignition timing at low revs – increased torque, reduced combustion temp
The SIP Performance igntion system is available now for Vespa small frame, Vespa large frame for around £267. More details available here: SIP Performance
New products always in development…