Owners of older Vespa models will be pleased to see Pinasco have just released these new die-cast Vespa wide frame 4-stud engine casings. They’re suitable for the Vespa GS 150/VN/VL models and allow the fitment of all PX cylinder kits, including the Pinasco Magny Cours top end.
The casings have been designed to keep the original look of the vintage Vespa engine with discreet logos and an unblasted finish.
The technology has been updated though to help riders bring their scooters up to 21st-century performance levels. They come with a choice of 57mm or 60mm crankshaft, gaskets, reed valve, manifold, packer plate (for use with Magny Cours kit) and cost just under €1500 direct from the Pinasco Store. You can also order from your local Pinasco stockist, including VE (UK), SIP, Scooter Center and Ron Daley (click their adverts on the SLUK homepage).
• Die-casting molding technology
• Steel slide inserts
• Crankcase closure by studs
• New gearbox axle bearings
• Crankshaft increased + 7mm width compared to the original
• Reed valve intake to the crankcase with specific manifold for PHBG21 carburettors
• Comes with a choice of 57mm/60mm crank
• Ready for 4-speed gearbox
• High-speed main bearings
• Runs on 2% mixture