New Outlast Houston jacket from Weise | NEWS
A good dependable jacket is a staple good for the serious rider, when one comes along with temperature-regulating Outlast built into it for less than £160 it has to be taken seriously.
As far as features go this jacket is punching well above its £159.99 price tag. It includes the following…
- Fully-armoured waterproof jacket
- Removable Outlast temperature-regulating lining
- Tough, tear-resistant rip-stop outer with a waterproof/breathable lining
- YKK® central zip, with a popper and Velcro® storm flap that provides reliable weather protection
- Vents on arms, chest and back to allow plenty of cooling air to flow through in the heat
- All-round impact-protection provided by CE-approved armour at shoulders, elbows and back.
- Lots of pockets, both inside and out – including a large rear map pocket.
What is Outlast?
Originally developed for NASA, Outlast technology utilises phase change materials (PCM) that absorb, store and release heat for optimal thermal comfort. Outlast technology is comparable to ice in a drink; as it changes from solid to liquid, it absorbs heat and cools the drink, keeping that drink at the desired temperature for longer. Outlast phase change materials work in the same way, but are micro-encapsulated, so they are permanently enclosed in a polymer shell. These micro-encapsulated phase change materials are known as Thermocules™.
SLUK are testing Outlast…
We’ve been wearing Weise clothing for years, as per our previous review of the Columbus Jacket. Sticky is going to be testing another Weise Outlast jacket on the way to this year’s Scooterist Meltdown. We’ll let you know if Outlast is miracle or hype.
Sizes and contact
The Outlast Houston is covered by the Weise 2-year no-quibble warranty and comes in sizes small – 5XL in Black and sizes medium – 3XL in Black/Stone, retailing for £159.99 including VAT.
Available from: The Key Collection