If you’re looking to spend all that cash you’ve saved during lockdown this new special edition Vespa 946 might just tempt the fashion-conscious Vespa fan. Founded in the same year, as Vespa – 1946, the Parisian fashion house of Christian Dior is quite a suitable collaborator with the most expensive production Vespa ever made.
Taking the existing 125cc Vespa 946 (ladies, you can ride this after completing a simple one day CBT) and adding some French design, the Christian Dior 946 will certainly only appeal to a small, well-heeled type of buyer. Detailing like the saddle, matching helmet and top case patterned with the 1967 Dior Oblique motif (originally designed by Marc Bohan). Gold trinkets like the trims, mirrors, rear carrier and helmet hook may be garish to some but the market for this scooter isn’t the scruffy scooter oiks like us.
There’s no price announced yet but don’t be expecting much change out of £10,000.
Maria Grazia Chiuri, Creative Director of women’s haute couture, ready-to-wear and accessories collections for the House of Dior said “I was very excited about this project with Vespa. For me, Vespa is linked to my city, Rome. It’s linked to the freedom to move around the city with ease, like in the film Roman Holiday (1953), which has left that extraordinary image of Audrey Hepburn clinging to Gregory Peck on a Vespa forever etched in our collective memory. I have so many happy memories starring a Vespa. It’s how my husband and I used to get around Rome and go to the seaside in Fregene. It’s a symbol of Italian-ness that is intricately linked to my personal history, and it’s now part of my professional life at Dior.”
VESPA 946 CHRISTIAN DIOR
- The Vespa 946 Christian Dior wears an exclusive colour created with the Dior Creative Department and is completed with gold accented parts.
- The saddle is finished in real blue-leather with ton sur ton seams; the handles are covered with blue-leather and the seams are ton sur ton.
- The saddle support is completed with the Dior monogram and original fabric upholstery.
- On the right side of the vehicle there are some exclusive decals with the “Christian Dior Paris” logo, although on the left side there is the possibility to personalize it.
- The hook placed under the saddle has the exclusive Christian Dior logo.