New CasaCooler Lambretta CNC mag housing | NEWS
In their quest to upgrade and replace every Lambretta engine part with intelligently-designed modern parts, Casa Performance turn their attention to the complete magneto housing.
The CasaCooler has been designed from the ground-up to eliminate many of the problems of the original mag housing but to still be interchangeable with the original parts in a standard engine.
- Petrol-oil lubrication of the flywheel bearing to reduce power loss.
- Single oil-seal for the flywheel side to reduce friction. This is retained by a circlip and can be removed from the outside.
- Removable steel bearing housing with O-ring seal permitting replacement of the flywheel bearing. Extractor tool supplied.
- Internal shaping with Computation Fluid Dynamics software (CFD) to maximise air-flow from the fan
- Forward-facing screws for use with the matching Casa fan cowling.
- Outwards-facing reinforced threaded holes to accept standard cowlings.
- Simple rubber seal for the stator wiring.
These mag housings use cowlings designed originally to suit the CasaCase, but the central mag housing is specific to the original Lambretta casings and all conventional ignitions. So far the only flywheels found not to fit are the long-fin Indian flywheels and the BGM flywheel, though both of these can work if the fins are machined down a little.
The kit comprises of:
- CNC external mag flange
- CNC central support section
- steel bearing + oilseal bush
- Viton oilseal
- CNC flywheel cowling
- complete set of fasteners + hardware
- silicone bead gasket
- 2 x circlips
- Viton ‘O’ ring
How to fit
Casa Performance have also made a simple fitting video to explain how the CasaCooler goes together.
Where to get one?
The CasaCooler is available at any Casa Performance dealer or direct from Rimini Lambretta Centre. The price of a complete kit is a hefty £350 (€395.50) due to the cost of CNC-machining such large chunks of metal.