More SLUKin upgrades | EDITORIAL
SLUK is already the most popular online scooter magazine on the planet but we never stop tuning. We’ve had the panels off again this week, making even more technical upgrades. You may have noticed the following tweaks on both Retro and Modern sides:
- New ‘Big Story’ slider replacing the old static image stories.
- New Top Offers slider where you can see the latest exclusive deals for SLUK readers.
- New Directory feature for scooter businesses, clubs and events. If you check we have six events listed just this weekend alone on the free level, but if you look at the Kelso listing, you can see what is possible on a paid listing.
- New ‘Recent Comments’ feed on each news post.
- New directory feed from the events listings onto the Retro home-page.
- New directory feed for dealers onto the Modern home-page.
- Many more changes are planned to improve searchability and layout of the site.
In addition we are rebooting our SLUKin’ schedule because most people are out-and-about on the weekend. As a result we are shelving the ‘Sunday SLUK’ concept for the summer.
Instead we will concentrate our schedule where we get most response; which is weekday evenings.
What you can expect from SLUK going forward is more in-depth features in the week as we adapt our schedule to suit when people have the time to read.
How can I help?
So far every response we get from people around the world is that they love what we are doing at ScooterLab and want to support us.
Currently the best way to do that is to support the people who support us. Buy from the traders who advertise and tell them that you saw their products on SLUK.
Beyond that, the next stage is to start using the directory. Once you do, you’ll realise what a powerful tool it is.
- List your scooter club for free with photos and video content. SLUK is already a global phenomenon reaching over 130 countries. Tell the whole world about what you do.
- Why not list your event – gigs dos or rallies – either for free or with a fully searchable listing. Our paid listings have their own page and even include door-to-door navigation. If you attend events, tell them they need to be found on SLUK’s new directory.
- If you have a business or offer a service that might be of interest to scooter riders then get it listed. Basic listings are free.
Probably the biggest help you can be is simply to tell your friends if there’s something you like, but tell us if you spot something wrong. SLUK is steadily growing in unique visitors but there are still plenty of people who don’t know quite how much we offer. Some are afraid that there’s a catch, nope it’s SLUKin’ FREE.
SLUK have people out and about at lots of events, but we can’t be everywhere all the time. If you would like to cover an event for us then please get in touch.
Iggy is off around Europe for a couple of weeks so we are rowing the boat with one oar, please be patient when looking for a response.
The ScooterLab Team