Kymco Noodoe connectivity | NEWS
Kymco revealed some nifty new tech at Motorcycle Expo earlier this week. Noodoe will come as standard on the new Like 125 and the flagship AK550 when it arrives later this year and gives users a fully customisable screen with loads of useful applications.
Noodoe is a Bluetooth connected app designed to give scooter riders some of the same tech and info as car drivers, whilst not detracting from what’s happening on the road. Certain functions and notifications will only be shown whilst the scooter is at a standstill, something that would be of great benefit to road safety if all vehicles had a similar system.
- Full colour customisable display, upload and share custom backgrounds and settings from your phone
- Functions include digital speedo/trip/’Smart Compass’ navigation system/weather forecast/scoot finder
- Notifications for text messages/Facebook etc. only whilst scooter is stationary in ‘Stop mode’
- Caller display for incoming phone calls
- Noodoe social – allowing users to create VIP groups and share routes and locations
The system is controlled through the users phone and the Noodoe app (similar to the TomTom Vio). Users can scroll through the screens and functions on the move (or when stationary) using buttons located near the riders right thumb.
Ian Kidson, MD of MASCO Ltd, the sole UK importer for KYMCO, said; “Replicating the connectivity features we see in cars onto a scooter is challenging. Riders simply can’t look at a detailed map or manipulate a touchscreen while also keeping two hands on the bars. Therefore KYMCO Noodoe has been developed with the practically of riding scooters in mind and what information riders/commuters would specifically need to help ease their journeys – it’s an exciting technological development for the scooter world.”
We’ll be trying Noodoe out later this year once the new Kymco Like 125 and AK550 scooters arrive. You can find out more about their 2017 line up at: Kymco UK