Gamma Tech RTSE1000 in action | VIDEO
Gamma Tech’s RTSE1000 meter has been on the market for a couple of years now and provides a compact, combined solution to data readout for single-cylinder engines with the advantages of touch-screen set-up.
The video we shot here is a walk-through of all the main functions by Mark Broadhurst of MB Scooters including a dyno run which demonstrates the functions in action.
Two unusual but useful functions of the RTSE are an approximate fuel gauge based on average pre-programmed consumption rates, and also a pulsed over-temperature warning output. This output can be attached to an ultra-bright LED to warn the rider if the temperatures reach a critical pre-defined level. Alternatively the output can be used to interrupt the ignition via a relay to physically make the engine stutter if it gets too hot.
The device can read Revs, Temperature, Speed and EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) hence the RTSE name.
It includes the following features:
- 2.4” backlit colour touch screen.
- Digital speed in MPH or KPH.
- Digital and analogue RPM display.
- Digital and analogue cylinder head temperature (CHT).
- Digital and analogue exhaust temperature (EGT).
- Temperature can be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Odometer and resettable trip meter functions.
- Analogue distance gauge can be used as pseudo fuel gauge or service interval indicator.
- Powered by vehicle’s 12V AC or DC supply.
- Configurable relay output for over temperature or RPM protection.
- Peak RPM, speed and temperatures automatically stored.
- Auto dimming function with input from lighting circuit.
- Fully user configurable for colour changes, relay output, warning flashing etc
At the time of writing the RTSE1000 retails for £238.80 + P&P.
For more details or to buy: click here.
Gamma Technology have been chosen to provide the next range of instruments for the forthcoming Scomadi models.