The 2020 BSRA National Scooter Rally dates have been agreed at Southport this afternoon. The calendar hasn’t thrown up many surprises (as expected) but we do have a brand new rally to look forward to next year in Weymouth, a town last used in 1983! That one is thanks to the South West Scooter Clubs.
2020 BSRA National Scooter Rallies
- Easter 10th April-14th April: Whitby
- Mayday 8th-10th May: Welsh National Tenby
- Spring Bank 22nd-25th May: Kelso
- June 26th-28th: Big 7
- 24th-26th July: South West Scooter Clubs – brand new rally in Weymouth
- August Bank Holiday 28th-31st August: Isle of Wight
- 25th-28th September: Woolacombe
- 23rd-24th October: Southport
We suggest you get yourself straight on to Booking.com and pre-book your accommodation before the prices shoot through the roof…
Steve Foster retires
Probably the biggest news from the meeting itself was that long-standing VFM frontman, Steve Foster will be stepping down from the helm in 2020. He plans to get back to enjoying riding scooters in his golden years, rather than organising events. VFM have Whitby and their Lanzarote February social already booked but Steve will be taking a back seat after that.
The main BSRA organisers, SLUK, ScooterNova and other scooter media representatives presented Steve with a crystal decanter and commemorative wine glasses at the end of the meeting. We wish Steve all the best and it’ll be good to see him being able to relax and enjoy himself rather than running around keeping thousands of drunken Scooterists entertained.
- Despite rumours circulating to the contrary, Cleethorpes WILL NOT be back on for 2020. The Mansfield Monsters/Olympics haven’t ruled it out for 2021 though.
- Isle of Wight – Daz Groves, Tori and Big Kev announced that they will carry on running the Isle of Wight in 2020. Still using the Smallbrook site (although they have another couple of locations on the island to look at).
SLUK – Scooter products handpicked by scooter riders